Symptoms Of Skin Cancer
Skin cancer may be hereditary or it can be acquired if a person is overexposed to sunlight. The ultra violet rays of the sun can cause skin cancer. When the skin lacks vitamin E, it can be a risk to have thin layers on the skin that may lead to skin changes and skin growths, which are unexpectedly developing to a malignant disease like skin cancer.
1. If a person my see some unexpected changes in his skin. Skin cancer may occur mostly in areas of the skin that are exposed to the sun. He may also have skin cancer if he has growing skin in the face, tip of the ear, or at the back of the hand. Although not all changes in the skin can be a symptom of a skin cancer, it is advisable to see a doctor for diagnostic tests to confirm if these changes have a relation to skin cancer.
2. There are cases where there is the appearance of tiny lumps in the skin. There can be sore or wounds that are not healing even they are treated. These signs could be the possibility of a person of having a skin cancer.
3. If a mole seems to grow or has a different color compared to other moles in his body, this could be a sign of Melanoma. If a person notices that his mole does not have the same half than the other this, could be cancerous in its form.
4. The irregularity of the edges of the mole, which may appear to be blurred and ragged, can be a sign of skin Melanoma as well. He should determine if the color of the mole changes, the pigmentation must be similar. If there is a mottled appearance on the mole or he may find shadows of tan or the presence of black and brown spots on the moles might be signs of a malignant Melanoma.
5. Moles that are growing and getting bigger should put him into great concern because malignant Melanoma usually starts as mottled in their appearance. The colors are commonly brown and black spots with edges that are irregular by their form. There are also changes in the color of the mole, which may turn blue, red, white, or they bleed in their edges.
6. A skin growth known as the actinic keratoses could be the early symptom of a malignant skin disorder. These skin growths are small in their appearance. They have scaly spots that are formed in body parts that are usually exposed to sunlight. They could be found first to be very tiny in their appearance but they can get bigger and thicker. They are mostly found on the back of the hands.
7. The most common symptom that can be associated to skin cancer is the growth of a sore that does not heal. Skin cancer may appear in different forms although the skin changes may not be a true symptom of skin cancer, it is still a precautionary measure to visit doctor to see if there are really no signs of skin cancer.
To prevent skin cancer, it is important for a person to have limited exposure to too much sunlight. Skin cancer can be fatal if it is not detected in its early stages. The cells of the skin might spread thoroughly to the skin tissues that can lead to skin cancer. It is very important to see a doctor if there are symptoms seen that could lead to skin cancer.